Meeting Rooms and Conference Space Use
CHPC strives to be an active part of the Capitol Hill community and welcomes inquiries about use of our facilities.
Below are general guidelines for using CHPC facilities. Please contact the Church Administrator or call 202-547-8676 for further information and to make reservations.
CHPC is handicapped accessible. The accessible entrance is located at the rear of the building on Independence Avenue SE. Inside there is elevator access to all floors (except the third floor balcony) and accessible restrooms.
There are six areas in the church that are available for community use:
- The sanctuary (with amplification and seating for 400)
- The Washington Seminar Center (WSC) with one large and two small rooms (up to 50 people)
- Fellowship Hall on the first floor, (for up to 50 people, includes kitchen facilities, and stage)
- Several small (up to 12 person) rooms adjacent to Fellowship Hall
- The basement Kitchen (with industrial size stove, large prep area, etc)
- The Multi-purpose rooom (with 32″ TV and DVD player)
In general, groups must designate one person as its agent who will serve as the primary point of contact and complete an application that includes the name of the group and its agent, contact information, a description of the activity, the dates and duration of the activity and other relevant information.
Permission to use church facilities will be given subject to the limitations of the facilities, previous commitments, and the intended use of church space. CHPC reserves the right to cancel any arrangement for use of church facilities. A group that expressly plans or advocates violent protest will not be approved to use church facilities, and use of violence by any group will be grounds for expulsion.
Fees will be charged (payable in advance) to cover heat, light and maintenance of the space and so will vary with each request.
A $100 security fee deposit will be payable in advance. This fee will be refunded in its entirety or in part depending on the condition in which the group leaves the facilities. If a group leaves the church facility in such a way that requires more cleaning time, the group will be assessed an additional fee at a rate of $10 per hour. Additional required maintenance and/or custodial services necessitate additional fees.
* Sanctuary: $750 – Use of Sanctuary for non-members’ weddings and other events.
* Fellowship Hall: $350*
* Wedding Reception in Fellowship Hall for non-member: $350**
* Chapel/Annex: up to $400
* Basement Kitchen: $100 – for one-time cooking.
* Basement Kitchen: $40 – no cooking
* Washington Seminar Center: $500*
* All other rooms: $20* per hour, 2 hour Minimum, $100 Maximum
* Use of Piano: $60*
* Additional set-up fee will be determined by the Church Administrator.
** Plus custodial fee at the rate of $50 for the first two hours; $25 per additional hour.
Guidelines for Groups Using CHPC Facilities
* Groups are responsible for keeping the space neat and clean, properly closing and locking all windows and doors before leaving, and turning out the lights when leaving.
* Each group must arrange for a representative to sign for and accept all deliveries intended for the group. Church personnel will not accept deliveries for outside groups.
* No off-street parking is available at the church for groups using CHPC facilities. Only street parking is available to groups using CHPC facilities.
* Prior to the group’s event, arrangements must be made with the Church Administrator to pick up and return keys.
* Wine is the only alcoholic beverage permitted in the church or on church property. The sale of alcoholic beverages of any kind is prohibited in the church or on church property.
* There shall be no sale of tickets nor admission charged for any event without the prior approval of Session.
* Groups may not fasten signs or posters to the walls.
* Groups must notify the Church Administrator in advance of any schedule change.
* Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the church building.
* Overnight accommodations are limited to the Washington Seminar Center (WSC), where up to 50 persons (minimum 15) can be accommodated.